Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rain, Rain, Rain, and More Rain...

You would have never guessed we lived in the desert with all of those storms two weeks ago!
We ventured out and took some shots of the high waters one afternoon.

It literally rained for seven days straight(may have even been more...)   I could not believe all of the rain.  It did get me out of working one of my night shifts though :)  Can't complain about that!!  I travel through the Gorge when I go to work, and the Tree's Ranch Dam is quite a ways up stream of the Virgin River which winds through St George and carries on down through the Gorge and into Nevada.  If it were to be breached, all of the water would eventually end up in the Gorge down stream and the entire roadway would more than likely be washed away. There were many reports the dam was going to fail and shortly after those reports, my boss called me and took me off of the schedule.  She had been misinformed and told me the Dam was imminently failing and it would be breached at any point. She said if I came to work and the dam failed, I would have been stuck there until after Christmas waiting for road repairs and what not.  So, I didn't have to go in!  All the better too.  I was able to finish up some last minute Christmas shopping the next day:)  As it turns out the dam was alright.  There were concerns it would fail, but it didn't.  Craziness I tell you.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Those pics are amazing! I am glad that you at least got a night off out of it :)

I like your baby steps...

Aimee said...

That is crazy! sheesh!
Miss you!:(

Anonymous said...


Pokój Tobie!

Zastanów się do czego dążysz ponieważ pożądanie może spowodować, że stracisz ostrożność i możliwość zaspokojenia jego w pożyteczny dla Ciebie sposób.

Radości z życia!

Maranda said...

Thanks to google translator this is what that means:

Peace be to you

Consider what you seek because the desire can make you lose caution and the possibility of fulfilling his useful way for you.

The joy of life!