Sunday, April 24, 2011

Salt Lake Half Marathon With The Girls!

We started the afternoon of picking up packets with lunch at my most favorite soup restaurant Zuppa's!!  I am seriously wishing we had one here in St. Georgie.  After lunch we headed to the expo to pick up our packets and to stock up on cheap running clothes...
Which would include our matchie outfits;)



  
Jess was kind enough to host us for the night so we could all carpool over to the race.  She kicked Danz and Claire out for the evening.  I ended up driving separate due to a jam packed weekend full of going to and fro.


Pre race pics




Aims in action 
Me right before my finish

We were running late...as usual.  We didn't start the race until 21 minutes after the gun.  You can see me as I am crossing the finish line(I'm the one with the white racer back and red shorts).  My time says 2hrs 8min 10 sec.  Translated to my actual time considering our actual start time at 1 hour 47 min and some change! A new personal record...only by a like 25 seconds, but it's a PR!! Woot!








Sissy was right by my side first thing.  She seriously just makes me smile.  I hope one day we can run one together:)

Poor Aims...there was a huge divet in the road and her foot twisted and sent her a tumbling down which left her with some pretty skinned up knees and a sore ankle.  She was one tough girl though...she got right up and it didn't even phase her.  She ran like a stallion that girl!!

proof of her toughness!!

After the race Dave, the kids and I met up and talked for a bit.  The kids were getting restless, so Dave headed for home with some of my crap and Aimee and I were on the lookout for Jess.  Little did we know Jess was enjoying  herself a lovely massage!  Dang...I missed out on the free masseuse this year...but oh don't you worry I will be all over that one next year! We headed back to the car and immediately I realized some of that crap I gave to Dave nearly a half an hour before had my car keys in it.  So the poor guy had to turn around and come back to let me in my car.  That man did some serious running around for me this weekend and I love him for it.  While we were waiting for my keys we chatted about the race and how we felt about it.  Initially Aimee's time was posted as quite a bit slower than we thought we had run.  My time wasn't even posted.  So we were kind of bummed at our performance initially until we checked our results online and we went right around the same time as last year.  I was happy with that!

After the race I totally forgot to get more pics of all of us together in our cute matchie outfits.  We all had a white racer back with the same brand of shorts, just different colors and headbands.  It was so much fun matching it up and doing this race together!

1 comment:

Jen Paris said...

I love this post too. And your hair looks ADORABLE! You don't even need help with short do's! :) Great job! Congrats on the great time. And ouch! your friends knee looks painful! What a trooper.

I'm thinking most of us will not be leaving WJ until like 9 pm on Wednesday so no hurry getting up here. :) Can't WAIT!