Main bath when we moved in:
All the tile out, the cupboards removed, faucets gone, and lastly the tub will be out.
I'm pretty sure I could only survive one day of Dave's job. It is some serious labor(at least the demolition). I got to demo the bath and shower removing the tile and grout and I was dying! It was some labor intensive work. I'm pretty sure I would have huge muscles if I did that everyday. My arm was so sore from sledgehammering all the tile and then knocking it all out.
Now the make over:
After removing the tub, we discovered there must have been a flood. It had been repaired, but not professionally(at least by how they did the repair) The flooring was not secured to the joices(SP). So when you would step in certain areas of the floor, it would sink. Not good if you are putting tile in. It would definitely crack soon after installation. So Dave had to rip everything out...to the bare bones.
|A partial bare bones pic from my phone. Not the best quality, but I forgot to take one with the good camera before the new sub floor went in.|
The new floor and sub floor are now installed. Next we finalize our tile selection as well as order a BATHTUB!! I will finally be able to soak in a bathtub again...I cannot wait!! Dave is going to re-plumb the shower though, so he has a few more things to do before we can finish her up:) I'm just excited we are making some progress upstairs!!