Saturday, November 13, 2010

On Our First Trip Home

We made a few pit stops.  First Dave had to finish up some work in a house in Orderville.  While Dave worked, the kids played their DSi's, Sissy had herself a nap, and I listened to Catching Fire.  Orderville is quite a ways out of the way, so we didn't get on the road to Salt Lake until the afternoon.   On our way we stopped off at some pretty sites along Zion's National Park.  
 
The boys played in the sand and climbed the rocks.  While Sissy and I just kind of walked around.  The leaves were golden yellow in this spot.  We thought we'd get some pics of the pretty scenery.  We didn't have our tripod, so we attempted a few family shots with the camera on the rocks. 
 
It was a nice little stop to break up our long day in the van.  That drive through Zion's is just so neat.  The tunnel is cool, all of the rock formations are just so interesting, and the scenery is just down right beautiful.  We need to start making some plans to come out here and explore.
We then continued on our drive to Salt Lake.  We arrived in town around 6pm.  We had planned to get there earlier so Dave could fix something with our fence, but you know how traveling with kids goes.  You(at least we) never get out when we intend to and we didn't get home around two or three like we wanted to.

  The kids were so excited to go and see our family.  I was just as excited too.  I have a few friends here, but it is different.  In Salt Lake I could just stop off at my Dad's or Mary Jo's or my neighbors house for that matter, when ever I wanted.  To visit, or just to talk with someone.  I did it quite a bit, and I guess I am having some withdrawals so to speak.  I have kind of been couped up in our place.  I don't mean I don't ever go out, because I do.  I go running with the kids three times a week.  I drive to work.  I guess we just need to make some plans.  Maybe that is what it is.  We just haven't taken the time to plan anything.  Part of that is because on Saturdays I have had to do two plus hours of running and after that I am just exhausted.  So I am looking forward to next Saturday.  I will be DONE!!!! Done running more than 10 miles for a loooooong time;) Then maybe we can get out and explore our new home.  This place doesn't quite feel like home yet.  It is growing on me though.  I have several more posts to do about Salt Lake, but this week has just been crazy busy for some reason.  We planned this trip to Salt Lake to go to the TCU vs UTAH game.  Boy did that game stink.  That is a whole other post though.  Anyhow, as I find the time, I will finish our posts on our trip up to Salt Lake.  I got the job at Dixie Regional in Labor and Delivery and I start my first orientation shift tonight, so I don't have too much time to blog today.  I still have to get my 8 mile run in.  Blech!  Only one more week right?  Can't wait for Thanksgiving!  Only two more weeks....Yeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!

No comments: