Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pomegranates Anyone?

We had ourselves a Fall Harvest of Pomegranates!!

  So, after I took this picture, I realized I still had another box full outside!  Can you even believe this!?  My kids are loving it!  Their clothes?  Not so much. We have lots of stained shirts because of these bad boys.  I'm going to have to designate clothing to such eatery;)
The blue tote is all of the fruit that was cracked.  I am going to make juice with those tomorrow.  The rest I will be sharing and I am going to attempt Pomegranate Jam.  My kids hate store bought jam and I've heard Pomegranate Jelly is pretty good. So hopefully I can figure it out.

Yay for the pomegranate tree!

5 comments:

Jen Paris said...

I'm so jealous! That is so many!! Pomegranate jam is really good. enjoy!

Dee said...

I love your 'I'm on top of the world picture.' The jam is a good idea... Good luck.
beneaththeelmtree.blogspot.com

Tori Bennett said...

Wow! Looks like you will be busy for the next few days!!

Kathryn said...

guess I should have kept reading. Looks like you're already planning on pomegranate jelly....YUMMY!

Emily Hyte said...

And that's after we took a box too! Good luck!