Wednesday, June 15, 2011

That's Right Ya'll...

I'm going to learn how to play the Ukelele!!



I have always loved the way this instrument sounds.  Love Jack Johnson and his use of the Ukelele, Zee Avi, and the countless Hawaiian music out there that I enjoy listening too as well.  More recently, I have been inspired by one of my all time favorite patient's ever!!  I had this Polynesian gal who was the sweetest thing!!  She and her family were playing and singing to the ukelele music the whole time she was laboring. I swear I was in the room my whole shift just having a good time with them!  I loved how they were all united by the love of the music.  The feeling of joy and happiness in the room just seemed so appropriate as she was about about to bring a soul into the world.   I've thought to myself since taking care of her, "I want to learn how to play that thing so I can play it with my family."  Hopefully trying to emulate the love and happiness I could see in the room that night I took care of her.

So Dave and I checked out how much they were and they were actually quite affordable so Dave made a purchase:)  So here I am getting started learning the chords.  Now I just will need someone who can sing!!  Dave?  Sissy?  Tom?  Bubba?  One of ya'll will have to step it up in that arena!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Okay, I want you bringing that sucker on our camping trip! I want to hear you play :)