Thursday, June 30, 2011

Informative Read

Hellhound On His Trail: The Stalking of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the International Hunt for His AssassinHellhound On His Trail: The Stalking of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the International Hunt for His Assassin by Hampton Sides

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


In this book, Hampton Sides puts together the details of both James Earl Ray(Martin Luther King's killer)and Martin Luther King during the days leading up to King's assassination. There were so many details about Martin Luther King I didn't know, and I never knew anything about his killer until now.



I have always revered Martin Luther King. It was sad to learn about how things happened in his family in the years after his death. I never knew his brother, AD King was also found dead several years after King's assassination. His mother was also gunned down while playing the organ at a church...just sad. His dad had a lot of sorrow and loss of his family.



I liked something King's father said to reporters who were eager to hear how he felt about the manhunt that was going on for his son's assassin(who had just escaped prison). When reporters questioned him about the escaped assassin, his response was, "I hope they don't kill him. Let's hope he doesn't get killed. You're looking at the face of a black man who hates nobody." Even after all he had been through he had no hate.







View all my reviews

No comments: